Trendy restaurants everyone has heard about. Usually overpriced. Often delicious.
Mission Chinese Food
- Hard to find... unless you spot the 30 people waiting outside.
- Don't try to go in to talk to a hostess unless you want to prove you're a tourist. They will simply point you to the long wait list posted right outside of the main entrance.
- Just as spicy as it is overrated. I say go to Big Lantern 2 blocks away. Unless of course, you'd rather be seen than have a great meal.
- I'm generally not a tofu person, but Big Lantern's vegetarian chicken balls are better than chicken. I'd eat Big Lantern any day.
- My former roommate exclusively ate dinner at this taqueria until he exhausted the menu. It's good. It's probably not that good.
- My favorite taqueria. The outside area is great and they just recently ramped up their salsa selection with fresh fruit varieties.
- Delicious $3 veggie taco was big enough to be a meal.
- Their home fries are the best.
- I'm partial because I have been to the farm in Sonoma and watered the farm-to-table ingredients myself. I know it's fresh.
- Thought I would love this Jewish deli, but didn't.
- The challah french toast was nothing special and over priced.
- Great atmosphere.
- I'm not a huge sushi lover and really only like vegetarian options, but I would go here any day.
- Super intimate space makes for a great date spot.
- Incredibly pricey.
- Walk-in was a surprisingly short 2 hour wait.
- Walk-in seating is at the bar, which is actually the best seat in the house. You can see into the kitchen.
- Yes, that is a red carpet rope outside.
- Yes, that rope is to control the 20 people waiting in like to order ice cream.
- Yes, the ice cream is worth it.
- Finally, a brunch spot without a 2 hour wait.
- Delicious food. Great chai.
- Oh god, their Indian fries! What is on them that makes them so good?
- I actually want those fries right now. Yum.
- They put mac and cheese on a grilled cheese. Now if that's not genius, I don't know what is.
- Don't get me wrong, it was pretty delicious. But it can't measure up to Cowgirl Creamery in the Ferry building.
- The tomato soup was just meh.
- Too spicy. Way too spicy. What were they thinking spicy.
- Lots of people like this place. It was seriously packed.
- Two words - bacon beignets. Think bacon doughnut, but way better.
- We were intimidated by the 4 month waiting list to get a table, but found the walk-in situation to be pretty easy.
- I wasn't big into the dessert, but the dinner was outstanding. Just give me more of those little bacon doughnuts.
Local Mission Eatery
- All of the food is locally sourced from Farmer's Markets around the city. The menu changes based on whatever looks good at the markets.
- I saw the chefs cook my dinner right in front of me.
- Worth forking over a little extra for this super delicious dinner.
There's no "scene" in Bernal, but the food is delicious.
Little Nepal Restaurant
- Yum. So good. I have had many a curry, and this one is at the top.
- Definitely a hole in the wall.
- Biggest mistake was only ordering one slice.
- Limited menu. They are serious about their spaghetti.
- Delicious. One of the better Italian restaurants I have been to in SF.
- Didn't kill the bank.
Here's where you go on your lunch break when you run out of food. It's a good thing you have a job, because these lunches could run you broke.
- This place is amazing. For around $3, you can have a healthy brown rice thing stuffed with deliciousness and wrapped in seaweed. Buy two. Or three.
- Try the spicy bacon.
- Just when you thought it couldn't get better, you realize... free tea.
- The made-to-order, over-baked agave-soy king salmon burrito with tempura asparagus, cucumber, butter lettuce, avocado, pepitas, and wasabi dust was the best thing I have eaten in months.
- Sandwiches don't belong on waffles. The end.
- Great salsas. Free chips.
- Chipolte-style salads, but this is the real deal.
- Don't go here. It's trying to be El Farolito, but it's not. It's a trap.
- This is one of my favorite lunch spots in the Financial District.
- Great atmosphere. Offers a much needed break from office lighting.
- Like the other Kearny Street restaurants, you have to go early or you'll regret it.
- The food is OK. It's gluten-free and offers lots of healthy options.
- I can make a better salad.
Still on the to do soon list:
State Bird Provisions