Friday, October 4, 2013

Staying Healthy Abroad

This morning I woke up and took a look at myself in the mirror and found one of my eyes was twice the size of the other. I am not sure what happened, but it is not a good look.

When I told Krystie, my roommate, about my eye, her response was, "Which one?! The big one or the small one!?" I know my eyes are big, but...

Then, after the eye debacle, I tried to open my locker and the lock stopped working! It wouldn't open! So I told Sam, my other roommate, and he simply clipped it with his pocket knife! Good to know my fancy REI lock was so secure, right? Luckily, Sam had an extra lock that he gave me to use until I get a new one.

After all of that, I went upstairs to the bar to get something for breakfast/lunch. While up there, I met someone that lives in North Beach, SF! Small world. He suggested putting a chamomile tea bag on my eye, and it sort of worked. Now I look more like Woody Allen and less like I got into a fight last night.

Happy 90th day of travel to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment